Monday 30 May 2016

May in Review

May has actually been a really positive month! Cutting down on the exercise and social activities plus Sunday night sleeping tablets has lead to me feeling a lot less tired...I've even managed some days without naps! Unheard of before this month. We've had some sun and loads of great things have happened: I went on holiday to see my friends in London and then onto Stockholm to stay with a friend there (more on that another time), had a fab day of spa treatments on Friday and even treated myself to a total indulgence in the form of a bottle of Byredo perfume, a brand I fell in love with in Stockholm. The only downside is I got a bit behind on blogging, but I'm hopefully back on track now!

Books Read in May
Geek Girl: Head Over Heels - Holly Smale
If I Was Your Girl - Meredith Russo
Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins (reread)
Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins (reread)
Isla and the Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins (reread)
The Square Root of Summer - Harriet Reuter Hapgood

Favourite Book of May
I cheated a bit in May and reread some of my favourite books, Stephanie Perkins' series. I reread them fairly regularly because they just make me so happy! So I actually only read 3 'new' books this month. My favourite was definitely the 5th Geek Girl, which was also my favourite Geek Girl book to date. Having said that, I also really really enjoyed The Square Root of Summer which was a different kind of contemporary novel. 

---

Books Acquired in May

The Square Root of Summer - Harriet Reuter Hapgood
Not If I See You First - Eric Lindstrom
Mystery & Mayhem - Various
Under Rose Tainted Skies - Louise Gornall

I bought The Square Root of Summer and Not If I See You First in BOGOHP in Waterstones - I hadn't heard anything about the second book but it sounds really good! My friend Jim gifted me the Mystery & Mayhem anthology which I'm looking forward to reading, and my lovely ex-colleague Nina gifted me a proof of a book she's doing the PR for: Under Rose Tainted Skies, which has had fantastic reviews so far. 

---

Films Seen at the Cinema in May
Captain America: Civil War
X-Men: Apocalypse 

We obviously had to go and see Captain America again! I enjoyed X-Men but it was definitely the worst of the three and I had a lot of issues with it, but Quicksilver was excellent as always and there were some fun lines/moments. Bit disappointed in my cinema going in May; we missed some good films. Hopefully will go and see a few more in June!

---

Catch Up On This Month's Blog Posts

I blogged about my 30 Before 30 list and shared the third of my Etsy Addiction posts. Ahead of my own holiday, I posted some tips for holidaying with a chronic illness and a guide to current TV. Finally, I shared the second of my Rediscovering Manchester posts.  

---

June brings some of my London friends coming to stay with me which will be lots of fun! I'm also really looking forward to this Waterstones Deansgate event with loads of cool YA authors. We have some family friends coming to visit one weekend and we're going to see an adaptation of The Night Watch which I'm really looking forward to. June brings the official release date of This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab, which I am currently reading. as well as the release of You Know Me Well by David Levithan and Nina Lacour which I've read and is an amazing book; I can't wait to have a finished copy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment