Sunday 31 July 2016

July in Review

Oh July. You've been an up and down month for sure. I finally got back into the groove of reading, thanks to Jenny Colgan's books, and we had some glorious hot days, plus I've really enjoyed playing Pokemon Go since it released earlier in the month. Most excitingly I went down to London to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child which was just exceptional. But I've also experienced a lot of pain in July. Partly down to the increased walking I've been doing thanks to Pokemon Go, but also not, and it's made this month rather uncomfortable. I've also felt generally down, which hasn't helped much!

Books Read in July
The Second Love of My Life - Victoria Walters
Billy and Me - Giovanna Fletcher
The Little Shop of Happy-Ever After - Jenny Colgan
Little Beach Street Bakery - Jenny Colgan

Favourite Book of July
The Little Shop of Happy-Ever After - Jenny Colgan

July 2016 will forever be the month I discovered Jenny Colgan's adult fiction. I read The Little Shop because it was 99p on Kindle and adored it so swiftly ordered more. They're funny and food-filled and really enjoyable escapism. I'm looking forward to reading more! 

---

Books Acquired in July

The Second Love of My Life - Victoria Walters (Kindle)
Billy and Me - Giovanna Fletcher (Kindle)
The Little Shop of Happy-Ever After - Jenny Colgan (Kindle)
Little Beach Street Bakery - Jenny Colgan
Summer at the Little Beach Street Bakery - Jenny Colgan
Rosie Hopkin's Sweetshop of Dreams - Jenny Colgan
The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris - Jenny Colgan

---

Films Seen at the Cinema in July
Now You See Me 2
The Legend of Tarzan
Ghostbusters 
Star Trek Beyond

Well, Ghosbusters was just fantastic wasn't it? One of the best films I've seen so far this year for sure. I also really enjoyed NYSM2 and Star Trek Beyond, though the dialogue in the latter was really terrible!

---

Catch Up On This Month's Blog Posts

It's been less of a blogging month this month, but I posted about The True Cost of Chronic Illness, as well as sharing another of my Etsy Addiction posts. I also shared my One Year On update, and some tips for playing Pokemon Go while chronically ill. 

---

In August I'm really looking forward to an event with one of my favourite authors: Maggie Stiefvater! That's actually happening tomorrow. Then later in the week I'm super excited to be going to a midnight showing of The Suicide Squad. Then I have a trip to Newcastle to see Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan in No Man's Land, and of course another Bank Holiday Monday! Books-wise, I'm looking forward to the release of The Potion Diaries: The Royal Tour by Amy Alward. I read the first book last year (it's now one of Zoella's Book Club choices) and loved it, so I have high hopes for the sequel. I'm hoping August will be a good month. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe its August already. Seriously!!Have you tried Mhairi McFarlane's books? Her first three are so funny! Looking forward to seeing you next month :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great August. Sounds like July went better for you than it did for me.

    ReplyDelete